Wednesday 3 February 2010

Formatting the Compact Flash Cards


Image : http://www.flickr.com


Recently there has been a long thread on a mailing list I belong to have been in terms of the correct way to delete photos, and how the format of Compact Flash card. There 'a lot of confusion and discover the many different opinions on this issue and try to correct it is almost imposable. What I have done over the past seven years, and take lots of photos, seems to work well, as I never had a Compact Flash card is not (touch wood). Peopledebatable whether it is the right way or not, but it worked for me. These tips are for all types of flash memory cards used in cameras well.

First, I only use SanDisk or Lexar. SanDisk was the first company that introduced Compact Flash cards and is still an industry leader. Lexar has a reputation of high quality, as are the professional line, which has a lifetime warranty. I use both brands interchangeably, and both are very reliable for me. IChoose your paper to read faster and write faster and more cost a bit 'more.

When you choose to buy a card as the fastest you can afford. SanDisk faster with each set of "putting out: Ultra II, Ultra III, Ultra-IV. Lexar lists of their speed of 80x, 133x, 300x, which is the speed with which to write the original Compact Flash Card Specifications compared. Most of the cameras may be able to process all the speed of the card, but if you upgrade your camera? EvenCards, which can quickly give a rule to read faster, which means that downloading photos to your computer is faster than good.

Many say that you should not delete the photos from one card at a time. I never had problems, and do it all the time. In the baseball tournament I had the dough to shoot whenever the ball is thrown, but the fluctuations only occasionally, then delete the rest. That adds up to many, many photos that I erased one at a time with evera problem with the card. So I would say do not worry.

The greatest thing you can do to keep your cards in good health is to always format a CompactFlash card into the camera, not on the computer, and go often. I reformat the card after each download images to your computer. Formatting erases all data on the card, and provides a new beginning, to make sure that all your images on your computer before you start. In some sportsEvents I will format my cards a dozen times a day, a little 'pain, but worth it if you do not lose any defaults picture card.

Quote a final word: Be very careful to make sure you slide the card directly into the slot. Although I never had this problem, I have heard from many people who bend the pins inside the camera.

So now you know how to format CompactFlash cards, and are ready for you outside and shoot.

HappyShoot!

Party Supplies : All Toys

0 comments:

Post a Comment